Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Big Decisions. Big News. Bigger God.

Hello Friends! This is my first blog post so please bare with me! I'd like to share with you some of what God has been doing in my life. You cool with that? Sweet!

Near the beginning of this year I heard about an opportunity to go on a missions trip to Europe with my youth group. I've spent a lot of time praying and thinking about it. If you don't know this already making big decisions is a scary thing for me. I will do it, but the prospect is always a little scary. From the beginning, I knew this decision was going to be one I made on my own. Just me and God. I didn't want to run the risk of being influenced by other people's opinions. So that's exactly what I set out to do. Find out God's plan for me. All. By. Myself.

About three weeks ago I went to an informational meeting about the trip. I finally had details! I was ready to make an informed decision. I had no idea what God was about to do in my life!

Sharing a room with two little sisters means you don't always get peace and quiet at night. For the next three days the living room was where I spent my nights. Most of them were very late nights. I sat there for very long periods of time reading my Bible and talking to God about this trip. I wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision, a decision made according to His Good and Perfect Will. Not only did I spend the next three nights in constant prayer, but my days were the same way. I didn't talk about this trip with hardly anyone in that three day span. I'm sure that was really strange for my family. I talk about EVERYTHING! Especially big decisions! But they hardly heard a thing from me on the subject. God was The One I was sharing all of my thoughts with this time around! Let me tell you something, in those three days I found myself grow closer to God than I have ever been. It has been the most amazing experience!

The last night, Saturday night, I spent a longer time in prayer and more time reading my Bible than any of the past nights. As I was starting to drift off to sleep I was beginning to feel like this Italy trip was where God wanted me this summer ... I woke up the next morning refreshed, and I remembered every bit of the night before. As I sat there reflecting I heard this still, small voice whisper to my heart, "Go to Italy, Anika. I have plans for you there."

Wow.

God spoke to me.

God wants me to go to Italy!

He has called me there!

He has plans for me in Italy! 

That was the most amazing feeling! All of my questions from the past few months had just been answered. Not by someone's opinion, but by God's plan! By His Words!

So, God is sending me to Italy and yes, I'm excited. I can't believe it..I GET TO BE GOD'S HANDS AND FEET IN ITALY!!!!!

I'm so thankful for His provision and wisdom! He is so good and patient with me! A very dear friend of mine said to me, after finding out that I'm going to Italy, "God is going to rock your world on this trip!" He already has in just the decision making! I can't wait to see what the rest of this journey holds!

Would you do me a huge favor and pray for me as I head out on this journey? Thank you so much!

~Ani

Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment