Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Good changes, hard changes, and God working.

Big change number one: At the beginning of this year, I found out that my best friend and cousin had been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a type of cancer. It was a hard blow, that's for sure.

There is a song I recently discovered, by Ben Rector, When a Heartbreaks. It totally describes the day I found out and the whole journey we went through this year. I remember my mom getting the call and then having me sit down as she told me. I felt the pain of a heartbreak. At first, I wondered what we were going to do. Cancer. That was something that my family wasn't super familiar with. It had been awhile since it had hit anyone and this was the closest I had ever been to a cancer patient. But, as I sat there and cried, my heartbreaking for her, I realized something, God is always there. He is always in control. He could handle this. I realized that this was going to be a time where we would get to know God even more than we had before...

Fast forward almost a whole year and 12 chemo treatments later and Praise be to God, SHE IS CANCER FREE!!!!!!! :) God is so great. My heart is rejoicing and praising Him! He got us through and she is so much stronger, wiser, and closer to God, because of this!!! I am so thankful for what He did in her life! She may have had a horrible summer full of chemo appointments and all of the horrible things chemo brings, but she made it through and now she has an amazing testimony. One day she will share that with someone and it will change them!! I love you, girl!! <3

Big change number 2: Tonight, at church, my youth pastor of five and a half years had a big announcement for us... God is taking him and his family to Saint Louis. His last day is the 13th of January. This is very difficult for me. He's been my youth pastor since seventh grade...he has made such an impact in my life.. I'm so thankful I've had him for so long! God has used Nate to do so many amazing things in our student ministry...

I remember what it was like in 7th grade, I remember the disinterest I saw amongst many of the students. We were not a close knit group, and many of us just came to hangout, but God used Nate! Oh boy! If you came by my church now you wouldn't see friends hanging out you would see a family being there for each other and loving each other. You wouldn't see kids just coming to hangout, you would see teenagers worshipping with their whole hearts. We have become a family. We all love each other and look out for our brothers and sisters. God placed Nate in our lives for a reason!!

He has taught us so much! From how to have a relationship with the One True God to what an ox-goad is :) He's taught us well! ;) God also caused Nate to introduce us to many wonderful people. We have had so many wonderful guest speakers and interns over the years and all of them have gotten up in front of us and showed us how to follow the One True God, but no one has been a better role model of that than Nate himself!! He has been an amazing role model! He helped God get me out of my shell and I have begun to reach out to so many people and I am forever grateful for that. I see so many leaders among our group! So many people that God has great plans for and I am so excited to see them become who God wants them to be!

God has used Nate to help guide us and now its time for Nate to move on and further God's kingdom somewhere else; to bring many more young adults to Christ and to send them on their way to do great things for the Lord!!

Farewell, Nate!! You will be missed, but we are all happy for you and excited to see/hear what God has in store for you and your family! <3

Many of us have trouble dealing with change, but I have a few thoughts on that for you to chew on.
1) He's got the whole world in His hands. He will be walking with you through the whole change and be your strength!
2) My cousin brought this to my attention tonight, Things around you may change, but God will never change. He stays the same. Always....

Just something to consider.

~Ani <3

~Psalm 87:7

No comments:

Post a Comment